Login with employee swipe cards
Employee Swipe Card is a plastic card with magnetic stripe commonly used for quick employee logins.
For quick logins using employee swipe cards you need:
- MSR - magnetic swipe reader device. It could be any device supporting OPOS drivers.
- Any cards with magnetic strips. You can even use Visa or Mastercards. Or your old (expired) Visa/Mastercard or member/client cards from supermarkets and shops. Or you may purchase special employee swipe cards having magnetic strips.
Setup OPOS native and CCO OPOS drives for MSR.
How to setup login by using swipe cards:
- Go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Hardware - MSR
- check "Use MSR Option"
- specify Logical Device Name for MSR device.
- check "Login using Employee Swipe Card" option.
- Press OK on Preferences window.
- You may close the program and start it again.
- Now go to Workers window
- click on needed worker.
- Swipe a card. The Employee Swipe card will be assigned for the worker.
- Now you may try to Log Off.
- On Login window you will be able to login with employee swipe card by passing it once via MSR.
On Login window you will be able to login with employee swipe card by passing it once via MSR.
Note: the same way you may login with barcode scanner by using cards with barcodes.