|Abacre Home > Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale Home|
|Help Home | Purchase | Download | Feedback | Printable Manual|
How to set up OPOS Drivers for POS Printers, Poles and Cash Drawers
Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale can work with any OPOS compatible printer, pole and cash drawer.
Note you should make the steps below if you have receipt or kitchen printer, pole or cash drawer. If you have other type printer you may use Windows Driver option from Bill Configuration window.
In general the installation procedure consists of 4 steps:
1. You download and install CCO OPOS drivers. These drivers are used with any devise of any manufacturer. You may check the latest version of the CCO OPOS driver on official OPOS page: www.monroecs.com/oposccos_current.htm. Click here to start download immediately (direct download link). Note: sometimes POS hardware manufacturer stores CCO OPOS drivers on CD shipped with hardware.
2. You install OPOS drivers from CD provided by manufacturer of your POS device (printer, pole, cash drawer).
3. You assign any desired logical device names (LDN) to each device in OPOS configuration utility provided by POS hardware manufacturer.
4. In Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale you assign chosen logical device names (LDN) to devices: bill printers, kitchen and bar printers, pole (line display) and cash drawer.
Read below sample installation procedure for any EPSON OPOS printer.
Download and install CCO OPOS drivers. If you already have the CD disk which normally comes with your Epson printer then skip the first 8 steps, insert your CD into computer, launch the setup of OPOS drivers, then go to step #9.
1. Go to Epson web site: www.epsonexpert.com
2. Click on latest version of OPOS drivers (latest version is 2.30e)
3. Fill online form.
4. You will be returned on direct download page.
5. Download Epson's OPOS ADK for latest version and all service packs. Each file about is about 10MB in size. Note, you don't need all service packs if you are only testing the program. It's sufficient to have only main distribution without service packs.
6. After all files downloaded, start the main OPOS file (OPOSADK230E.exe)
7. It will propose to specify temp folder. Give temp folder and distribution files will be extracted.
8. Start Setup.exe file. For example, if you specifies temp folder: c:\ then full path to setup file will be c:\OPOSADK\V230e\Original\disk1\Setup.exe.
10. During installation you may click next for all setup windows.
11. Once installed, SetupPOS application will be started. Close it for now.
12. Install all service packs. During installation of service packs click always Next.
13. Click on Windows start button, then select OPOS folder, then start SetupPOS application
14. In this application you should define your printer, pole, and cash drawer.
15. For example, for defining printer, right-click on POSPrinter devise, and choose Add New Devise command.
16. Select your printer model from drop down box.
17. Select the detailed model. 'P' is for parallel, 'U' is for USB, and serial devices (COM ports) generally have no suffix.
18. In field "Add New LDN" (Logical Devise Name) set a random name for your printer, for example, you may just call it Printer1.
19. Click Next button and choose how you printer is connected to computer: serial port (COM1 or COM2) or parallel port (LPT).
20. Click finish.
21. Connect printer to computer by cable and stitch printer on.
22. Test how it was installed: right-click on printer and click on CheckHealth Interactive. Normally a window should be displayed
23. Add devises: pole and cash drawer if you have them.
24. Start Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale. Logon as admin.
25. Start menu Configuration - Bill Configuration.
26. Select "Print using OPOS Driver".
27. Set Logical Devise Name as you chosen it (for our example it was Printer1).
28. Press Save button and now you may print a test bill.
Note: cash drawer may be connected directly to computer or directly to printer. In second case you should choose the same port. If you want to be sure that cash drawer is correctly connected, in SetupPOS application you may change View from Devise Class View into Port Connection View by using View command from main menu of SetupPOS.
What people are saying:
Awarded by the highest possible rating:
|Contact Us | Free Newsletter|
Copyright © 2015 Abacre Limited