Menu items configuration
Click Configuration -> Menu items. Note that you should have an administrator's access rights to access
menu items configuration.
Each menu item in Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale has it's own name, price, note and status.
Menu items's parameters:
- Name is a short description of the item, for example "Ice-cream" or "Coca-Cola".
- Price is a price of the item without currency sign, for example "1.39" or "0.25".
- Ask for price use this option for menu items not having fixed price.
- Note is a full description of the item, for example "Nestle,with hazelnuts, Weight: 125g" or "Coca-Cola light, 0,25l".
- Status is a current status of the item, it can be available or inaccessible. It means that if the item is not accessible at the current moment of time you should set status parameter to inaccessible value.
- Code is a short name of a product. Using codes may significantly speedup time of service. It's more fast and easy to add an item to menu by code than by selected it from list of items. Code may contain any sequence of alphabet chars or digits. It's up to you to choose convenient code system for your items. We recommend for speed entering to use only digits for codes.
To add a menu item click Add button or use Insert key on your keyboard. Enter menu item's attributes and click Ok button. New menu item will be added to the list of all existing items. Also you can edit item's attributes by clicking Edit button or using F2 hotkey. To delete an item from the list of all existing items click Delete button or use Delete key on your keyboard.
Note: by default menu items are sorted by code. If you want to sort menu items by name (alphabetically) in main menu Configuration - Preferences switch ON Sort menu items by name option. Sorting with take effect on both Available menu items on Order page and Configuration - Menu items.
What people are saying:
"For years we used one MS DOS restaurant POS system until we finally found a good Windows-based replacement: Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale. I compared it with many other programs and I stopped on ARPOS, because it's well-done and well-priced. So we bought touch screen monitors, new computers and ARPOS. The change from the old MS DOS system into new Windows-based system was dramatic: in ARPOS we use images for
menu items for faster navigation, reports are amazing and the program itself is quite configurable and handy. Since that time I am a definitive fan of ARPOS and I recommend it to my business friends."
Awarded by the highest possible rating:
View all awards