How to upgrade from Microsoft Access's database into Firebird's database?
During the past several years we have been using Microsoft Access for database files. Thus all database files had mdb file extension.
Then we started to use Firebird database. File's extension of Firebird database files is fdb.
If you are using old version of Abacre Inventory Management and Control you can automatically upgrade your database file from Microsoft Access into Firebird.
Step-by-step instructions are the following:
- Install latest version of Abacre Inventory Management and Control
- Move all database and configuration files from old folder into new folder:
\My Documents\Abacre Inventory Management and Control 5\
- Start Abacre Inventory Management and Control
- On Login window you may press More button to see Path to Database file.
- Enter admin's user name and password.
- Press OK button to login.
- Abacre Inventory Management and Control will automatically detect that your are using Microsoft Access file (because file's extension is mdb) it will show conversion window.
- On conversion window press Convert button.
- Conversion phase may take from few minutes up to several hours depending on size of your database file.
- In case of any errors please send your database and configuration file to support.
Otherwise you will see Upgrade process successfully finished message.
- Close conversion window. Abacre Inventory Management and Control will automatically start using new Firebird file.
Getting started | Creating an order | Taking payment |
Items configuration | Bill configuration | Payment methods configuration