Unable to Print to Remote Printer After 1.9.6.541 Upgrade

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Waygate

Unable to Print to Remote Printer After 1.9.6.541 Upgrade

Post by Waygate »

Hi Roman,

After taking you advise to upgrade to 1.9.6.541 for the close order button i noticed both machines are now unable to print to the remote printer. The remote printer is an EPSON TM-T88II w/ a Netgear PS101 Print Server Parallel 1 Port. Once i installed the upgrade i ran ARPOS and tried printing to the kitchen and what came out was characters i did not recogize. I checked my printer drivers >the driver is is set to "Generic Printer Driver" which worked great before the upgrade. I uninstalled the drivers & reinstalled and still receiving what looks like high end ASCI characters printing out. I also tried using the EPD Advance Printer Drivers with the same results. Does the upgrade effect current print mappings and or current drivers? If so, what can i do to restore the kicthen printer to print in legible format. My client is now without a kitchen printer and will hand writting orders to the kitchen for the time being. Please help!

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

We changed our printing module in the latest version.
We will provide you solution soon.
What can you try now: use OPOS drivers instead of Windows drivers.
Read here:
http://www.abacre.com/restaurantpos/man ... driver.htm
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

Hi Roman,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am in a situation where i am trying to put a band aid fix for a very big leak. The restaurant owner is wanting to know when his kitchen printer will be available since it was used for every single order. Since reading your post, i instructed the waitstaff that i configured both machines to print locally for kicthen requests. Surely you know that OPOS drivers are only good for local printing and not configurable to IP addresses. I am dire need the new print module to work across network print mappings.

My questions, when will the fix for this be available? If it will be more than a week from today, can i revert back to the last build to restore print capabilities to at least the (machine1) waitstaff machine? If i revert back to an earlier build will it have issues with the new build 1.9.6.541 for the 2nd machine?I am waiting for your response. Thanks.

Randy-

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

For now we advise you to use existing DB file with previous build
which you have. Once fixed you may always use the existing DB file
with new build.

We will contact you by email to make some tests. Because it looks like
new printing module works fine on some printers and it does not work
on others.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

i have received your printertest app. Here are the results.

Device: \\LPTN\P1
Driver:
Port:
Page size in pixels: width: 5100, height: 6600
Page size in 10s mm: width: 2159, height: 2794, size: 1
DefaultSource: 15
Supported fonts:
Device Font 10cpi
Device Font 12cpi
Device Font 17cpi

Test Page from the \\LPTN\P1 web interface is fine but when its ran in ARPOS i would get characters like

*TF-BFTWR-U a * A ET * b - R C E
i A - l k n * tC
H C * -
H B 1 sE -

This would print in about a foot of receipt paper.

Thanks.

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

Hi Roman,

Do you have any updates? I have tried all the settings, configurations & drivers for this with the same results. Please advise. Thanks.

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

I have been deligently checking this forum for the past 3 and a half weeks & also emailed you w/ no response. I understand that it takes time to test and develop your product but this is a crucial piece of functionality in ARPOS that cannot be ignored any longer since the remote printer is what prints to the kitchen. I don't know else to say but i need this fix ASAP. Thank you for your advance consideration. Please respond.

PS. I also tried to switch out to a different thermal printer model like the EPSON TM-T88III USB with the same results below.

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

Another week passes by without any type of reply or email addressing common problems in this board. What's going on Roman?

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

The issue has been corrected.
Download the updated version from the following location:
http://www.abacre.com/download/arpos.zip
Install it over existing version. It will update needed files.
Then go to main menu - Configuration - Bill Preferences (for bill
printer) or Notification Printers - Options - Parameters -
check Use Alternative Printing Module parameter. So it will print
using old printing module.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com