Shift - Clock Out first

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
KevKha

Shift - Clock Out first

Post by KevKha »

I like the Shift features. There is one thing not working correctly. If you select a new worker, click Clock Out first - this should not be clocked until you Clock In.

Now, the same worker still selected - click Clock In, it creates a new record exactly what it is supposed to do but leaving the first Clock Out hanging.

These are the options I would like to see in Preferences -> General:

1) "Show Shift after logon" i.e Would you like to Clock In? or maybe a checkbox in the Logon dialog for Clock In
2) "Automatically Clock In when logon"
3) Do not allow workers to see admin or others listed, only admin can see all accounts.

If the one of the above is selected then the program should ask to Clock Out when Log Off. The worker has the option to say No because end of day is not yet reached.

Great software!

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Hi,

All requested features have been implemented. Try it now.

Download the updated version from the following location:
http://www.abacre.com/download/arpos.zip
Install it over existing version. It will update needed files.
Then go to main menu - Configuration - Preferences - Shifts.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

KevKha

Post by KevKha »

Roman,

Very impressive! Same day response with all great and working requested features.

Now we have these great features and we tend to loose track when our workers "switch worker" using the Log Off button. It would be better if you add a "who am I" kind of thing on the Toolbars and/or a worker's full name at the bottom-right, same line with Payment and below the Help button.

In speaking of the Toolbars, a worker's image (picture) displays on the left of the Property Logo. Which means you will have to add a Picture option in the Workers window.

Btw, I've rephrased "Automatically Clock In on log on" to "Prompt workers to Clock In on log on" and "Automatically Clock Out on log off" to "Prompt workers to Clock Out on log off" - for those who ask, change it in a language file of your choice.

In speaking of "prompting" meaning both "Automatically Clock In on log on" and "Automatically Clock Out on log off" were checked and if you were having more than one applications running, launch ARPOS, log on, ARPOS prompts for Clock In, select yes/no, ARPOS application does not bring to front. You have to select it from the Windows toolbars.

Also, can you make the Shift window opens first if "Yes" was answered by a worker so that he/she can immediately enter Start Cash and the same for End Cash? So no one will have to excuse like "Oh, I forgot".

Another unsure thing. As an admin try to select one of the options under Shifts tab in Perferences, click OK, click Log Off button and log on as another worker, click Log Off and log on as admin, check the Shifts tab - sometimes it's not saved properly. I will test more on this to be sure. If use Menu -> Exit it works perfectly.

Great software! Abacre rocks!