Restaurant POS on Windows 7

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
rossitapas

Restaurant POS on Windows 7

Post by rossitapas »

I have 2 MSI touch screen machines connected with CAT5. Three is no internet connection and both machines are configured as public network under 64 bit Windows 7. Running demo version 4 was fine with the database on one machine. I upgraded to 2 standard licences version 5 and the database converted to fbd in a public folder so I can see it on both machines. No trouble accessing any public folder on either machine and with the right permissions I can see the programfiles(x86) folder but it is not possible to open it from the remote machine. My problem therefore is that as the firebird server is in programfiles(x86) the remote machine can not access it and the program will not run. Has anybody else had this problem and what is the solution please.

rossitapas

Re: Restaurant POS on Windows 7

Post by rossitapas »

It may seem odd answering my own posting but this may help others.

Firstly Roman has been great in trying to help me. In the end I sent him some screen shots so he could see what I was doing wrong and his reply fixed it in seconds. If you have the same problem just follow Roman's reply as below and good luck.

"
You are one step before making it working.
Thank you for sending screenshots. Now I have real data to
communicate with you.

So I see on your screenshots:
for TAPAS1-MSI
the path to database is:
C:\Users\Public\...etc

and for TAPAS2-MSI
the path to database is:
\\TAPAS1-MSI\Users\Public\... etc
so it's not correct!
As I wrote in previous message: connection settings for the TAPAS2-MSI
must be EXACTLY THE SAME as on TAPAS1-MSI.

In other words:
1. start Abacre Retail Point of Sale on TAPAS2-MSI
2. on Login window press More button.
3. set path to database the same as on TAPAS1-MSI:
4. press OK to login.

so it will be working.

I see on TAPAS2-MSI you have server's name: TAPAS1-MSI
so it's correct.
thus everything is correct except for path to database on TAPAS2-MSI.

As I wrote early: this system of paths like: \\TAPAS1-MSI\Users\ is
from MS Access.
on Oracle, MS SQL Server, Firebird, MySQL you just use it like it's
defined on server's machine:
in other word path to DB should be:

chsmx

Post by chsmx »

Hi, i have the same problem, i did all steps, but doesn't work yet,
i am running on Windows 7 x86

i did try whit new firebird release (2.5) but doesn't work,error 902 appears again and again
and i can't conect arpos.fbd, whit ISQL tool using usename : SYSDBA, and password : MASTERKEY.

what i should do?

thanks

villoco

Post by villoco »

Hi, same problem for me, of course, and after all given steps in the manual I still couldn’t make it work. I reached here by searching about this correct way to write down the path to DB. Some guys in other forum solved the problem by connecting to their remote FireBird DB using <servername>/server_port:<db_file> as syntax with 3050 as the default firebird port. If anyone already passed through the firewall routine and still nothing, try to configure it at port 3060. It must be a version thing but the fact is my firebird.conf file was sending all data over there while my permissions were given all at 3050. I didn’t try it, but I guess you could also modify the conf file. I’m running ARPOS 5.4 with Abacre Firebird Distribution 2 and wxp sp3, btw.

chsmx

Post by chsmx »

Oh,thanks for your advice, i tested whit other DB (connect ), and works fine, but don't whit Arpos, temporaly i used a 4 trial version and works fine, whit MDB database, i have 30 days for solution for that issue hehehe.,