new order screen stuck on one category

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
rebekahbeall

new order screen stuck on one category

Post by rebekahbeall »

My new order screen is somehow stuck on one category. the other categories are not even visible. How do I get them to show up again?

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: new order screen stuck on one category

Post by Abacre »

You should add new categories using menu Configuration - Menu Item Categories.
Then close Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale and start it again.
New categories will be visible.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

rebekahbeall

Post by rebekahbeall »

I tried your suggestion. It did not work. I already have 4 categories, but only one shows up. the category buttons are not even on the screen. Usually you click on the category button you want and then the items in that category buttons appear. My screen is stuck like a category was selected and only the buttons for the menu items in that category are available. I had the same problem with the last version of your software, and was never able to fix it then. It happened about 6 months after installing the software. When we purchased a newer version of the software, was when I was able to have all the categories again. Then, several months later, the same problem occurred. This really slows down the speed in which we can ring items up, because we have to key in the item code for everything. I would really appreciate more help with this problem.
Thank you
Rebekah Beall

popos

Post by popos »

Hi

I have the same problem with no categories visible, probably because the widget for the frame was resized or dragged out of somewhere but no way to undo it. I gave my db files to support as requested though waiting a week for a reply. Anyone has managed to solve this?