Bottle Refund and Icons

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Egil

Bottle Refund and Icons

Post by Egil »

I downloaded the new version Restaurant POS.

Bottle refund: Tried to set up a button for bottle refund, when someone brings in a bottle and we pay them the refund of the deposit. The button should be automatically formatted to credit the cash (-) but it is not possible to set up negative payments. I can set it up with a dummy $0.01 and then manually do a refund for a specific amount. Not an elegant way. Am I missing something?

Icons: Is there a database with additional icons and where is it located. I can't seem to see a database where the icons are stored.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Bottle Refund and Icons

Post by Abacre »

Which version of the software do you use?
Because there is Refund Item button in the latest versions. It works the way you described.

We don't have additional icons in database. You can find the icons somewhere on Internet and import the icons into database.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Egil

Post by Egil »

Roman wrote:Which version of the software do you use?
Because there is Refund Item button in the latest versions. It works the way you described.

We don't have additional icons in database. You can find the icons somewhere on Internet and import the icons into database.
I currently use 2.6... and will be upgrading to the new version as soon as I find the time.

It would be nice if you did have a database of icons as each one has to be re sized to fit your size requirement. It is a tedious task and if you consider the number of users time would be better spent by you to do this for us.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

We are planning to create database of icons.

But do you know that in the latest version 3.4 there is already automatic resizing of icons. You simply add an icon and the program will resize it. So you don't need to use third-party software to resize the icons now.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Egil

Post by Egil »

No I did not know about the auto resize. That will make importing icons a lot easier.

Thanks

Egil

Post by Egil »

We set up a bottle refund item in our menu but have some problems.

The POS will not allow negative funds to be entered or to allow transactions without a payment.

What we want to be able to do is this; a person brings in an empty bottle and gets a refund. We want to be able to pay from the cash drawer and, to keep the cash count correct, record this in the POS. It requires the POS to allow dispursement of cash from the till to the customer without any other transaction taking place.

How, exactly can this be done?

:?: