Table Name Change

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
jtown

Table Name Change

Post by jtown »

Hi There-

I'm trying to add a new table named 'Booth 2' since I already have a 'Booth 1'. However I'm getting a 'Booth 2 is not a valid integer value' pop-up. So I can't create this table.

I am also trying to delete some of my tables, but I get a 'Table 'Booth' is still used!' pop-up. So I can't delete these tables.

Am I missing something, or are there any work arounds?

Thank you.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Table Name Change

Post by Abacre »

Which version of software do you use? See menu Help - About.
Because the error messages are from very old versions (in past it was possible to use only integer values for tables).
Now in current version it works fine. You should not get these error messages at all because we removed these messaged from the software.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

jtown

Post by jtown »

Hi Roman-

Thanks for the response. I'm using version 2.7.0.929. I'm looking to upgrade soon. I love this product and your guy's work, however I just purchased this version about 8 months ago.

I was able to use non-integers before (A few of my table names are 'booth' and 'bar1, bar2' etc.)

My biggest conern right now is not being able to delete certain tables. I get the 'Table 'Booth' is still used!' pop-up. If I could just get rid of these tables that would be great.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again.

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

Your issue may be that you have an open order for the table you are tying to delete. Make sure all orders have been closed for that table and try to delete it again.

jtown

Post by jtown »

Thanks for the tip FriendOfMine :) . However I am still not able to delete these tables even after completely closing the orders.

I just tried creating a new table. I was able to delete it right after creating it. However, after I opened and closed an order with this table, I was no longer able to delete it.

I know this is not a major issue :? , but since I've moved tables around and added some new ones, I'd like to be able to scroll through the tables efficientely (For example: Booth2 should scroll right after Booth1) on the New Order page. Since I can't re-arrange the tables under Configuration-->Tables, I figured I'd just delete the tables and start over.

Any other ideas guys?
Thanks again.

polyjesters

Post by polyjesters »

I'm getting the same error message and I just bought my software.