Order Type

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
FriendOfMine

Order Type

Post by FriendOfMine »

I am purchasing this software today but I have a few issues I need resolved first. I will post them separately so it is easier for me to find them.
Here is the process we want to use:
Waitress gets order from customer, goes to the POS terminal and enters the order. The last step of order entry is to click Print Notifications to send the order to the 2 printers (1 printer is for main kitchen and the other is for pizza). After the waitress takes the food to the table, they will go back and want to print the bill. This should do nothing but print the bill so the customer knows what to pay. The customer will then take the bill to the register who will take the money. The register should only have to find the bill in the system and click close order. Close Order will not print out another bill, it will only calculate money owed and open the cash drawer.
The first question we need the server to answer with an order (after choosing a table) is Order Type (Dine-In or Carry Out). Can we automate this so they are prompted or have it at least moved up by table selection?

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Order Type

Post by Abacre »

FriendOfMine wrote: The first question we need the server to answer with an order (after choosing a table) is Order Type (Dine-In or Carry Out). Can we automate this so they are prompted or have it at least moved up by table selection?
Your "work-flow" procedure is clear. But could you please explain what do you mean by this? Do you always need to know Order Type window? Or you don't need to show it at all?
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

We needed a quick and easy way to choose if it was dine in or carry out. We created 2 tables (1 says dine in, the other carry out) and the server just chooses them that way. The table number on the print notifications will then show the kitchen staff if it is to go or not.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

As far as you may know you can do the same things with ARPOS in different ways.
Yes, you can do it your way (use Dine In, Take Out as tables).

In this case you should disable Order Type window. Go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Order - Order buttons.
Uncheck the option: "Show Order Type button".

Then go to menu Configuration - Bill Configuration - Template.
And remove the line:
Order Type <ordertypename>

and instead of the line:
Table <tableno> <date> <time>

You can denote it as:
Order Type <tableno> <date> <time>

Now go to menu Configuration - Notification Printers.
Click on each printer and press Options button.
On Template tab of each printer remove Order Type line and update Table line as described above.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com