Increment into strings feature?

General discussions about Advanced Find and Replace
int0x13

Increment into strings feature?

Post by int0x13 »

Hi, i just downloaded the trial version of your AFR tool and i cant find how to tell him to do this:

I have some filed named host1,host2,host3... and inside it i have a line with config=something-host1 and i want to search and replace all those lines by config=something-host2, config=something-host3 etc..
I cant find any feature to make increment strings. Could you help me please?

shamy

Re: Increment into strings feature?

Post by shamy »

This is from the AFR help file.
You need to make a file (text file is the best) with all the posible increments. then in the Replace tab choose Action: "Cyclic Replace From File".
See more below:

Cyclic Replace From File

Use this action if you want to replace the same Search For text by different occurences of Replace With text taken from file. For example you have source file:

+++++ hello ++ world
this is +++++
test
file+++++ end
+++++

and you want to replace the same search for text: +++++ by different occurencies from file, for example, named cyclicfile.txt:

AAA
BBBB
CC

So, after execution of Cyclic Replace From File action you will get the following file:

AAA hello ++ world
this is BBBB
test
fileCC end
AAA

For using this action you should put full path to cyclic file into Replace with field, for example, C:\Program Files\Advanced Find and Replace\test\cyclicfile.txt*

And seach for text (++++ in our example) into Search for field.

If you check option Make only one cycle for Cyclic Replace From File action program will make only one cycle, so the resulting sample file will be:

AAA hello ++ world
this is BBBB
test
fileCC end
+++++