Menu Item Modifiers

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Nongkiau

Menu Item Modifiers

Post by Nongkiau »

I'm getting set up with the Order part and End of Day. The stock part is more complicated, and I miss that the Help file would say some more about Menu Item Modifiers. When I click around I'm getting the following error:

The field 'ItemComp.itemid' cannot contain a Null value because the Required property for this field is set to True. Enter a value in this field.

Which field are we talking about and which value? Where can I get some help on this?

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Menu Item Modifiers

Post by Abacre »

This is an error message. Please send us (support@abacre.com) your database and configuration files.
Or send us a screenshot of the error message. Which button do you press and on which window do you press this button? Please provide us with step-by-step instructions to reproduce the error message.

For making the screenshots we recommend you the freeware program:
Gadwin PrintScreen
http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Nongkiau

Post by Nongkiau »

Thre problem somehow disappeared. If it occurs again I'll send you the entire files.

hshifaz

Post by hshifaz »

hai,

i just started using this software and there are some features that i dont know how to use... the HELP content doesnt give much info on those features and i need HELP.
MENU ITEM MODIFIER is one such feature...

could anyone help me understand why we need this feature, what are the benefits for using it and how can i use it...

thanx :D

silcharde

Post by silcharde »

Modifiers will tell the cook/bar tender (or somebody) how the costumer wants things done.

Let say, you sell steaks, and you have a Menu Item: Steak,..
Now; how do they want their steak done ? well done ? red ? medium ?
Those are modifiers...

Eggs: Scrambled ? Over easy/medium/hard ?
Margarita (mixed drink): on the rocks ? blended ?

Those are modifiers. You will setup those options on the MENU ITEM MODIFIER feature for your servers to choose from to let the right person know how to prep such item.

If your server come across a special request on how to get something done, they can also use "Notes" to advise the cook;
"Please make sure this and that, picky customer! thank you"