Inventory?

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Jarin

Inventory?

Post by Jarin »

First of all, I have downloaded and fully installed the POS software. It looks very nice and it is very easy to work with.

However, I have the following questions and would like to get the answer before doing the purchase.

1.Inventory:
Let’s say that I have 10 bottles of Absolute Vodka. Each bottle containing 100cl. In our bar we sell the following: 1 glass of Vodka containing 5cl, and 1 Whole bottle with Mix(containing 100cl Vodka).
How do I setup the inventory so it automatically reduce the quantities after each sell?
And what do we use the “Inventory Categories” to?

2.Kitchen Order: How can the system print item separators? For example, our guests like to order different kind of items from the menu and they sometimes want to receive the food as starters and main courses, but not always at the same time. Now how can we make the system print separators which is normally available on other systems?
I have tried to add the following buttons: “1st”, “2nd” and “3rd” So that the kitchen know what food item to start with. However, when printing, the printer does not print out the same order like it looks in the Order Screen. How can we make this working?? If you not understand, please get back to me.

3.Payment Options: Is it possible to speed up the order process by having “Cash” as default payment method? I think that would be great!

4. Security? Why cant I setup so the staff can delete the order before they sent it but not delete it after they have sent the order?? That is a very important. Othervise I have to be available and login and delete it when they have mistyped the order.

Thanks in advance!

Jarin

Jarin's Bar and SteakHouse

elie

Re: Inventory?

Post by elie »

Answer to question3: Go to Configuration and choose Payment method, choose the preferred method (eg Cash in your case) and Cliick 'Set Active' button. It will default to your preferred method everytime you put an order.
Thanks

Jarin

Post by Jarin »

Oh Thanks alot for your answers Elie!
Did you get any answers concerning the cash drawer reconcilation?

Have a great weekend!! :D

Jarin

elie

Post by elie »

Hi Jarin,
I did not get any answers concerning the cash drawer reconciliation. It is bit difficult to get a reply in this forum.

Have wonderful week.

Elie

Nongkiau

Post by Nongkiau »

Dear Roman

I am very interested in an answer to Mr. Jarins question 1.Inventory

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Hello,

Many customers asked us about it in private emails. So we explain about 1.Inventory question here.

Go to menu Configuration - Menu Items.

Create new item:
"Absolute Vodka 100cl bottle"
Go to Inventory tab for this item.
check the options:
"Is Sale Item"
"Is Purchase Item"
"Is Stock Item"

Now create new item:
"Absolute Vodka glass"
Go to Inventory tab for this item.
check "Is Sale Item"
uncheck "Is Purchase Item"
uncheck "Is Stock Item"
Go to Ingredients tab for "Absolute Vodka glass" menu item.
Add the following line:
Item Name: "Absolute Vodka 100cl bottle"
Qty: 0.05
Note: you put 0.05 because it's 5cl/100cl = 0.05
In order words there are 20 glasses in one bottle. Or 1/20 = 0.05

Now you have to add 10 bottles of Vodka into stock.
You may see that there is Physical Inventory window where you can adjust quantities of stock. But you cannot do that for items "without purchase history". This is because two major attributes of stock: quantity AND cost. All further calculations and reports (for example, Profit Margin reports) are based on these attributes. You cannot calculate profit margin is cost of stock is zero.

Thus is order to add 10 bottles of Vodka to stock you should use menu Purchasing - Receive Vouchers.
You simply create a new receive voucher where you add a line:
Item Name: "Absolute Vodka 100cl bottle"
Qty: 10
after closing this receive voucher you will have 10 bottles of Vodka in the stock.

That's all needed to do.

Now you may sell "Absolute Vodka glass" menu item (0.05 will be diminished from 10 in stock).
Or you may sell "Absolute Vodka 100cl bottle" menu item (1 will be diminished from 10 in stock).

I hope it's clear now how to use inventory.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com