Restaurant POS tests issue

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
romanianprojectmars

Restaurant POS tests issue

Post by romanianprojectmars »

Hi,

I opened a restaurant in december and I'm looking for a good sw to manage it. I tested abacre and looks very nice but there are a few things that were not ok. That's why I'm writing maybe you could clear this out for me:
1. You can print bills on a normal printer only for a few minutes but then it stops. Is it a buffer overflow or something?
2. If you add iteam category other then the existing 4 the iteams from within them cannot be used
3. The language cannot be added as a new file, you could replace an existing language but if you cannot extend the no of languages to be used

I'm using a demo version.

Will you please advice? I would like to buy it but I don't want to have these issues, especialy the one related to printing bills.

BR///Giuseppe

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Restaurant POS tests issue

Post by Abacre »

romanianprojectmars wrote: 1. You can print bills on a normal printer only for a few minutes but then it stops. Is it a buffer overflow or something?
You are first who noticed it. Please verify your printer's drivers. ARPOS is successfully used in many restaurants most of them having several computers. So I think it's something related to your printer drivers. Try to find the latest drivers for your printers on Internet.
romanianprojectmars wrote: 2. If you add iteam category other then the existing 4 the iteams from within them cannot be used
After adding new categories you should restart ARPOS. Then you will be able to add new items to these directories.
romanianprojectmars wrote: 3. The language cannot be added as a new file, you could replace an existing language but if you cannot extend the no of languages to be used
You can add unlimited number of languages. Read more here:
http://www.abacre.com/translate.htm
As a base you have English.lng file, rename it into your language file, for example, YourLanguage.lng and inside this file change LanguageName=English into
LanguageName=Your Language

That's all.

After that you simply translate English text into text of your language.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com