Bill template, remove item and other minor issues

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
thomas34

Bill template, remove item and other minor issues

Post by thomas34 »

Hi,

Would it be possible to have the date and time the item was added to the order to appear on the printed ticket? I guess it is only one more <something> to add in the bill configuration menu but I can't find which one.

Also, would it be possible to keep and historic of which cashier removed items, on which table and with the exact time and date f this removal?

Otherwise I saw an other topic related to login with magnetic cards, would it be possible to also have it with IC cards? So we can use the same reader/encoder we use for our hotel.

Then, if I buy 2 pro licences, are the future updates are included? If yes, do I have to reinstall everything everytime, I can't see any update module.

Finaly, do you now have a release date fr the PDA version?

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Bill template, remove item and other minor issues

Post by Abacre »

thomas34 wrote:Would it be possible to have the date and time the item was added to the order to appear on the printed ticket? I guess it is only one more <something> to add in the bill configuration menu but I can't find which one.
It's not possible right now. But we added it into our To-Do list. You are a first user who asked us about it.
thomas34 wrote: Also, would it be possible to keep and historic of which cashier removed items, on which table and with the exact time and date f this removal?

Now it's impossible. But it's not a good practice to remove items. We usually advice users to completely disable Remove Item button - or, at least, make it available to administrators only.
(See menu Configuration - Order - Items Buttons for disabling/enabling the buttons).
and cashier should use Refund Item button if they want to "roll-back" item entered by mistake. It's a common practice in retail business. And it should be common practice in restaurant business. This way you will see all track of your items.
Thus: you should go to menu Configuration - Workers:
check Is Cashier for needed workers and normally you should uncheck Is Admin option for these workers.
thomas34 wrote: Otherwise I saw an other topic related to login with magnetic cards, would it be possible to also have it with IC cards? So we can use the same reader/encoder we use for our hotel.
We added it into our To-Do list by your request. We will send you email when it will be done.
thomas34 wrote: Then, if I buy 2 pro licences, are the future updates are included?

We follow to common practice in software business: all minor updates are free (for example, from version v2.5 into v2.6) and all major upgrades are paid (for example, from v2.x into v3.x).
The price for major upgrade is about 50% of original price.
thomas34 wrote: If yes, do I have to reinstall everything everytime, I can't see any update module.
You have nothing to reinstall. We try to follow to "smooth upgrade" principle: you simply install the software over existing version and it will automatically update needed files. Nothing will be lost.
thomas34 wrote: Finaly, do you now have a release date fr the PDA version?
We are planning it for April-May 2008.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

thomas34

Post by thomas34 »

Dear Roman,

Thank you for your answers, they were very useful.

I can wait for the PDA version and for the IC card login but it is crucial for me to have the date and time items were added to the order printed on the receipt. When do you think you will be able to release a new version with this feature (one week? one month? one year?...?). Will it be part of a "minor" update or a big one?

One last thing: would it be possible to have special templates for reports that can fit to a thermal printer (not a A4 page)?

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

thomas34 wrote:but it is crucial for me to have the date and time items were added to the order printed on the receipt. When do you think you will be able to release a new version with this feature (one week? one month? one year?...?).
We were able to release it in one day. Thus please download updated version from the following location:
http://www.abacre.com/download/arpos.zip
Install it over existing version. It will automatically update needed files.

It's a minor update (from v2.5 into v2.6).

Start ARPOS. It will ask you to update your database. Press OK.
Then go to menu Configuration - Bill Configuration - Parameters
and check "Show Time Added" option.

You may also uncheck "Group the same items when adding to order" option located in menu Configuration - Preferences - Order.
thomas34 wrote: One last thing: would it be possible to have special templates for reports that can fit to a thermal printer (not a A4 page)?
It's not possible right now. We added it into To-Do list.
Do you need to print all reports on thermal printer or only some of reports? Let us know which reports do you want to print.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com