XP Embedded

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
afford-it

XP Embedded

Post by afford-it »

Hi,

Looking to purchase the software as a reseller. I am very impressed with the functionality of the software for the price.

I have tried for 2 days now to get a sucessfull installation on a Wyse Winter XPe Thin Client.

It would seem that i can only run the software on a thin client when logged in a adminstrator, prob due to no right priviledges as a standard User account.

BUT

I receive the following error when trying to launch the app.

'Error when trying to connect to DB:Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed'

A small amount of Googling has returned a solution related to the MDAC components installed on the WinTerm, MDAC V2.9, but after many re-installs and re-boots I seem no further forward.

Any help would be appreciated.

AND

Can you give me more details on the PDA version and availability.

Regards

Lee

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: XP Embedded

Post by Abacre »

You are right. But normally everything you need is included into MDAC.

You have to verify that Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider is installed on your system. ARPOS uses this provider.

Try to install other software working with MS Access databases. I am not sure can you install MS Access on your system? MS Access should install then all needed drivers.

We are working on PDA version. This version will be available in October - November 2007.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com