Replace won't see files

General discussions about Advanced Find and Replace
nora

Replace won't see files

Post by nora »

Hello! Could someone please advise me... I'm trying to do a simple find and replace operation. I have the Mask set to include my file type (*.html), and when I use FIND, it finds the text string in all the files in my chosen folder, but when I use REPLACE, it doesn't see any of my files, although the Mask is still set correctly. I'm trying to replace:

SRC = "www

with

SRC = "ftp

in case it matters.

What do I need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Do you use Replace or Batch replace operation? Could you please send us a sample HTML file for testing and default.cfg file located in C:\Program Files\Advanced Find and Replace 3

So we will send you back the working default.cfg file.

In you case I think it's the problem of trailing spaces.
You should remove the spaced and line breaks before and after your Search For text:
SRC = "www
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

piolenc

Replace won't see files

Post by piolenc »

I'm having the same trouble. When I try to execute, I get the message "found 0 files of 6"... I'm in a terrible rush to complete this job (which is why I downloaded AFR), so I hope somebody has this one licked.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Thank you for sending us configuration and sample files. We verified
on our computer: it correctly replaced 6 phases in your sample
document. We have sent you a private message with details.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com

piolenc

Replace won't see files

Post by piolenc »

It's nice that you were able to get it to work, but that doesn't help me understand why it's not working on my machine. I can't just keep sending files to you for processing....

Marc

silverbob

re: Replace can't locate string

Post by silverbob »

I have the same problem. I paste a small string into FIND mode and it is located in several files, but not when I paste the same string into REPLACE mode. I have made sure to clear any extraneous characters.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

In which file types do you make search/replace? Could you send us you default.cfg file and at least one sample file for tests?
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com

silverbob

Post by silverbob »

Any update to this problem yet?

overtsr

Same problem

Post by overtsr »

I am having the same problem, so a fix would be good. If this many people are having this issue, there has to be something a miss in your code or configuration.

Steve

adrianpbcnc

Re: Replace won't see files

Post by adrianpbcnc »

I fixed a similar problem by changing my default config: <action> <options> <replace> and unchecking "use advanced options of find operation"

If this option is active then replace will limit itself to "advanced options" even if the options page is hidden on the [find] tab. The alternative is to make sure the "advanced options" is set to "all files" before running a search.

So the bug is: (with config not set as above) When unclicked on the [find] page, "advanced options" will disable itself for the[find] page only but remains active for the [replace] page.

Hope this helps.