End of day problems/open orders

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Nongkiau

End of day problems/open orders

Post by Nongkiau »

Sometimes got problems that we cannot reconsile when z-closing as the system claims that there are open orders. Sometimes there is an order that had an item added and then removed. To close this one we've set up a "dummy" item at the price of $0. Any smarter way to close an undesired order?

A few times there has been no open orders to be found at all, but we still can't reconsile as the system claimed otherwise. In these cases the only solution has been to open the database file and change status for all orders to 3. Then they all appears as reconsiled. But then we missed closing the accounting that day and I need to add up sales manually. I would like to know what Status 0, 1 and 2 stands for. Is there a way of solving this without opening the database file?

erlee

Re: End of day problems/open orders

Post by erlee »

Yes we also have to resort to setting up a DUMMY item called 'void' or 'nil'...with 0.01
and lately 0.00 because it won;t allow us to close the order.

Our accountants are also very concerned with all these types of sales transaction - it appears very dodgy and they thought someone is rorting the system.

Why abacre opens a OPEN order by default is bewildering....you cannot close it for end-of-day without resorting to some dodgy practice such as that described.

Nongkiau

Re: End of day problems/open orders

Post by Nongkiau »

erlee - if you suspect that someone is cheating the system, then look in the InvChange table in the database file. Here you'll find changetype indicating what has been done to the inventory. What I see as a flaw is that staff can steal an item and deduct it from inentory, if they have Admin status. However, I would find out this way. Chancetype is described in an earlier answer to me by Roman Vasin.

Another danger I see is that price is changed to zero and deducted from inventory through a sales order. This way an item can be stolen without missing when checking inventory. However, that can be traced by opening the Order table in the database file. Staff can also delete orders if they wish to, but then order number would be missing.

But best of all would be if you could setup more precisely what each staff can do. I would like to have the power of swithcing every single button and every single function on and off for each user. Then only I would have full Admin status, but staff could still access the functions they need.