inventory inconsistencies

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
gabrielraicu

inventory inconsistencies

Post by gabrielraicu »

Hi dear friends,

I'm testing Arpos and everything seams to be okay except some inconsistencies in inventory. There are some random inconsistencies on the stock iteams. for example I put 500 coke-s on my stock, I sell part of them 50 peaces for example, I have no purchase vouchers but I have 514 cokes at the and of these operations. Is this because it is a trial system or is it because of something else? Then it works fine for a few days on that product but it it buggy on other products. It is hard to control this and I'm afraid to use it for keeping the inventory.

Thanks,

Gabi

PS: I would like to take 1 proffesional license and some lite licenses, and work on the same database is that possible?

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: inventory inconsistencies

Post by Abacre »

gabrielraicu wrote:There are some random inconsistencies on the stock iteams. for example I put 500 coke-s on my stock, I sell part of them 50 peaces for example, I have no purchase vouchers but I have 514 cokes at the and of these operations.
I think you use Physical Inventory window in order to put items on stock instead of Purchase vouchers.
In order to put items on your stock you should use Purchase Vouchers. You cannot put it using Physical Inventory window by just changing quantities into 500.
Read more detailed explanations in this topic.
http://www.abacre.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=801
gabrielraicu wrote: PS: I would like to take 1 proffesional license and some lite licenses, and work on the same database is that possible?
Yes. It will work on the same database. Read more:
How to use Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale in network?
The problem is that Lite license does not work with inventory. In ARPOS we have real-time inventory update. Most probably you are wishing to use lite licenses on POS computers and use professional license for back office. So when on POS computer (New Order window in ARPOS) you press Close Order button the stock will be updated.
If you use Lite license here the stock will remain the same. Because inventory does not work with Lite licenses. But it works with Standard and Professional licenses.
Thus for your use we recommend you to purchase Standard licenses instead of Lite licenses. Please send us (support@abacre.com) how many Standard and Professional licenses do you need and we will try to offer you a discount.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com