Order after order in same table

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
valonberisha

Order after order in same table

Post by valonberisha »

Hi,
I'm interesting to know if is possible to divide orders in this way
Costumers first order two drinks, I select Table nr 5 and order two drinks, after 20 minutes same costumer ask for dinner and order pizza and spagheti, I select again table 5 and add one pizza and spagheti, and I like to print bill in this way.
So, print bill of first order include just two drinks, print bill of second order include just pizza and spaghetti, and finality close order include all item.
I hope I have explain my request very well.
Thank you

Quark

Re: Order after order in same table

Post by Quark »

You can split any order in any way. Use the "Split Order" command. After selecting the items to split you will have 2 separte order for the table (#5 in your case). The "New Order" screen will show the items you have just selected. You may also go to the "Orders ..." screen, select the remainig order and issue the "Show Order" command. This is what you need to do if you need to close the remaining items first for some reason.

valonberisha

Post by valonberisha »

Hi, I know what is split order, it's not what I'm looking for, because it print two totals.

Quark

Post by Quark »

Why does "Print Notifications" not work for you?

valonberisha

Post by valonberisha »

When I press "Print Notifications" printer just block and doesn't print nothing until restarting application.
I don't know very well, what does mean "Print Notifications".

Quark

Post by Quark »

Notifications are the small pieces of paper where the currently ordered items are listed. Typically you use a special printer (e.g. thermo slip printer) for this purpose. Have you configured the notification printer(s)?

valonberisha

Post by valonberisha »

Notifications are the small pieces of paper where the currently ordered items are listed. Typically you use a special printer (e.g. thermo slip printer) for this purpose. Have you configured the notification printer(s)?

I'm using pos thermal printer (samsung srp350p), at the printer notiefication I have select windows driver and printer samsung srp350p, and at meny category I have select this same printer but when I press printer notification during making order, It doesn't work nothing, just printer block and no more print after this action.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Can you print using this printer from Notepad or other applications?
Do you use the same printer for notification and for the bills?

Go to menu - Configuration - Notification Printers
click on your printer
then click on Details button
go to Parameters tab
Uncheck "Print only new items" option.

When using "Print only new items" option Print Notifications button will work only once (for new entered buttons). So with unchecked "Print only new items" option when you press Print Notifications button it will always print all items.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

valonberisha

Post by valonberisha »

Can you print using this printer from Notepad or other applications?
Do you use the same printer for notification and for the bills?

I can print form notepad and from abacre POS like print bill and close bill. I'm using same printer for print bill and notification.
I have uncheck "Print only new items" option, but nothing happen , same.
When I try to print something else like close bill, after I have pressed print notification, software show message "Printing in progres"

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

The possible problem: you are using the same printer for printing bills and notifications.

Usually notifications are printed on separate printer installed in kitchen or bar.

Some users reported that ARPOS cannot print notifications when the same printer is used for bills and notifications. Usually they test ARPOS in this way. But then in real work they use a separate printer.

The question is: are you going to use the same printer for bills and notifications in real work?
Or are you justing testing ARPOS?

For your tests you may use another printer for notifications. Or you may even use virtual printer. For example, you may use PDF printer which prints into PDF file.
You can download this PDF printer from the following location:
http://www.pdfforge.org/products/pdfcreator/download

Note: on our test ARPOS can work with the same printer for bills and notifications. And it works fine on most of computers of our customers too. So it depends on how producer of your printer (Samsung) implemented its windows driver. Maybe it locks the printer.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com

Petit C.

Post by Petit C. »

OK

Hello. I'd like to add something relevant to this thread i hope i can properly explain.

I need to print notifications for kitchen and bar. I find it could be a real time saver! (and confusions saver) See, waiters don't always have great caligraphy! And many times it creates confusions and slows down workflow. They have to scribble all down while taking their order and many times they pass on unreadable carboncopynotifications (yuk XP) To the bar and kitchen, creating a bottle neck every time.

-What does it say here?
-Is this an 11 or a 14?
-ETC!!!

My Coffee shop's layout is pretty reduced in space. So i got ONE printer. It's close! Three steps distance is what it takes to go from the station to the kitchen. The bar is conveniently next to the kitchen and we can communicate through a window, the station is aligned with the bar and at the end of the bar there is the kitchen :) (we pass dishes and all sorts of stuff)

So i was looking at the print notifications module and found i could make some great, perfectly readable kitchen and bar notifications for us to pass on adjusting FONT size and what not. And the idea is that the waiter reads its own writing and loads the order in ABACRE Restaurant Point of Sale, then proceeds to print notifications for the bar and kitchen and pass them! It would be really nice, since Abacre can put all this great info into the cooks and bartenders hands (serving time! for example) HELPING a lot!

So....The question is: are you going to use the same printer for bills and notifications in real work?

My answer is YES!!

Louis.

Besttey

Post by Besttey »

I'm using pos thermal printer (samsung srp350p), at the printer notiefication I have select windows driver and printer samsung srp350p, and at meny category I have select this same printer but when I press printer notification during making order, It doesn't work nothing, just printer block and no more print after this action.

deefer

Post by deefer »

Using the actual printer drivers didn't work for me either so,
I used the windows "Generic - Generic/text only" for my thermal printer (notification) and it works fine

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

deefer wrote:Using the actual printer drivers didn't work for me either so,
I used the windows "Generic - Generic/text only" for my thermal printer (notification) and it works fine
Which physical printer do you use? brand/model?
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
support@abacre.com

deefer

Post by deefer »

Roman wrote:
deefer wrote:Using the actual printer drivers didn't work for me either so,
Which physical printer do you use? brand/model?
"Generic"