Settings changed

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
alas

Settings changed

Post by alas »

Hi there, I have installed this software in my restaurant, in this location we a lot of power failure due to the utility, but I have an UPS which backs up the power problem( not always).
1) In one occasion after a power cut, all the settings, company name, bill configuration, etc... where completely different then what I had left before the power failure, but all the other software ( window media, office...) in this computer where working as before. This computer is not connected to Internet ( only the day I had installed the software).
2) During my absence, my cashier tried to install a different printer, when she failed to installed the new one, she started to use the old one, now the printer notification was not working anymore, and to make printing bill I had to check in " bill configuration... use alternative module".
Please can you explain what is happening?
I am bit confuse, I travel a lot and these problems they always happen when I am travelling.
Kind regards
Alas

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Settings changed

Post by Abacre »

alas wrote: 1) In one occasion after a power cut, all the settings, company name, bill configuration, etc... where completely different then what I had left before the power failure, but all the other software ( window media, office...) in this computer where working as before. This computer is not connected to Internet ( only the day I had installed the software).
All settings are saved in configuration files (*.cfg) and database file (*.mdb).
Please read how to backup your data.
alas wrote: 2) During my absence, my cashier tried to install a different printer, when she failed to installed the new one, she started to use the old one, now the printer notification was not working anymore, and to make printing bill I had to check in " bill configuration... use alternative module".
Please can you explain what is happening?
It depends on how the printed was previously defined. Was "use alternative printing module" previously used?
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com