SQL Error I/O error for file

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
mmehl

SQL Error I/O error for file

Post by mmehl »

When trying to open Abacre Restaurant POS I am receiving error :

SQL Error: I/O error for file "C:\USERS\OWNERS DOCUMENTS\ABACRE_RESAURANT_POINT_OF_SALE_3\ARPOS-TEST.FDB" Error while trying to read from file(cyclic redundancy check). Error code -902. Unsuccessful execution caused by a system error that precludes successful execution of subsequent statements.

Also receiving additional errors after program opens.

Application is not functional at all with these errors.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: SQL Error I/O error for file

Post by Abacre »

Hello,

The message "cyclic redundancy check" mean your database file is physically damages because of electricity problems or similar things.
Sometimes it's possible to recover such files using special recovery tools. All such questions should be discussed via support@abacre.com
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

mmehl

Post by mmehl »

We replaced the drive and cloned it to a new one with no hardware problems and are receiving the error below:

We areError to connect to DB: SQL Error: file "C:\USERS\OWNERS DOCUMENTS\ABACRE_RESAURANT_POINT_OF_SALE_3\ARPOS-TEST.FDB" is not a valid database.
Error code: -922. Connection authorization failure.

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Hello,

In your path to database we see that it's version 3. While file name is arpos-test.FDB. So is it file from newer version? Because in version 3 the software was using MS Access - file's extension should be MDB. And in later versions we started to use Firebird database - file's extension is FDB.

Also we sent you repaired database on October 7. Did you receive it? Please verify your Spam/Junk folder.

Thus it's better to discuss such questions via support@abacre.com
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com