HELP! Closed Orders In Ver.1.9.6.541 Remains Open in ARPOS!

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
Waygate

HELP! Closed Orders In Ver.1.9.6.541 Remains Open in ARPOS!

Post by Waygate »

Hi Roman,

After several trying phone calls from my client that i have been troubleshooting, i have complaints about ver 1.9.6.541 having an "Open" status in a table that has been deemed "closed" by (cashier admin). The second problem is the 2 machines would total up a ticket with different amounts. I have detailed my findings below.This is a very big problem since this restaurant is a very very busy environment they depend on ARPOS to view their daily business cycle.

User steps:
-Waitress opens a table, puts in oders & prints bill to give to the customer.
-Customer goes up to cashier w/ bill> cashier as admin looks for ticket /table number.
-Cashier from order screen clicks on order number> clicks "show order"
-Cashier clicks "Close Order" chooses payment "Cash" >clicks "OK" to close ticket.

Symptoms:
The waitress is unable to open up a new table since its states it is "Open" from the order screen but shows "locks" to all items on the ticket. ARPOS lets you add to the open & locked ticket that had been "closed" minutes 5 minutes ago! This is a big issue since tables will need to be closed by the cashier up front and once close the DB should record this for the other machine "sync" to the closed or open status.

Other DB "syncronization" issues with the version 1.9.6.541

User steps:
-Waitress prints bill from machine1(waitstaff) for customer bill total $69.34
-Customer walks up fron to machine2(cashier) gives bill to cashier.

Symptoms:
-Cashier sees a different amount of $62.59 when he pulls up ticket number, this is difference of $6.75! Note:I thought that this was an anomoly from 1 specific ticket but is happening 3 out of 10 tickets daily- that's 3 tickets that the cash drawer can and cannot account for and the owner and myself is having to tally up the totals of the 3 tickets to find out which is the correct total. These types of inconsistencies causes the owner to loose faith in the system instead of building faith in it. I know that you and your team have worked deligently to fix bugs in ARPOS and i commend you for your efforts. At the end, all i want to have a stable POS system for my customers that will hold consistent data day in and day out.

Let me know if you would like to see a copy of the config files & DB that i used and i will gladly forward it to you. I look forward to your response.

Randy-

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

Yes. Please send us a copy of config and DB file to support@abacre.com
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

For the second issue:
What caused the difference of $6.75? Maybe the waitress added one more
item? Are tax/tips settings the same on both machines?
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

Waygate

Post by Waygate »

That is what i asked the waitstaff. So i stayed around to see an example. Here are the details.

Waitress prints out a bill with 6 menu items for a total of 69.34 (i totaled the six items up including sales tax of 10.5% .The waitress bill is correct. The cashier up front then notifies me that she has a different total w/ the six menu items. I then compared both tickets side by side and noticed that the cashier machine ONLY showing the "Net Total"& "Sales Tax" of 10.50% the cashier machine did not show Grand Total at the bottom of the ticket. Thus causing confusion betweeen customer,waitress & cashier.

Waitress Bill (machine1) Cashier Bill (machine2)
6 Menu Items 6 Menu Items
-------------- --------------

Net Total $69.34 Net Total $62.59
Sales Tax 10.50% $7.28 Sales Tax 10.50% $6.57
Total $76.62 **This would be blank***

BTW: i sent you the config files and 2 DB that the restaurant was using.
Thanks.