How to create a Invoice Number

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
joseph.arroyo

How to create a Invoice Number

Post by joseph.arroyo »

I am new in this Forum, I got two question about the software, here in costa rica we use a number for the invoice, with this program I have problems cause just give me an order number. It´s possible to change the number of the order and start with my own number. I mean can I go to the database and change this one and put another one.
The other question is, I saw that when you erase the order, does not appear in the reports, and also when a I delete this, the system make put the next one.
The thing is, I really like the software and I am interesting in buy the professional license, but I really need to modify this two options.
Thanks

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: How to create a Invoice Number

Post by Abacre »

The first order will always have number one.
You can directly change it in database. For example, you can place the order
and then set order number to 1001 (for example).
The next order will be 1002 and so on.
You can send us your database files and we will change you the order number of the single order.
So we don't have it as an option inside the program but we can manually change it.
The other question is, I saw that when you erase the order, does not appear in the reports, and also when a I delete this, the system make put the next one.
When you press Delete Order button the order will be physically removed from database.
We don't advice to use Delete Order button.

Go to window Orders and press Delete order button.
then go to menu Configuration - Preferences - Orders
and uncheck "Show close order button" option.
So instead of Delete Order button you should use Refund Item
then it will create refund order.

and also you should not use Delete Item button. You can also disable it by setting corresponding option.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

productospastello

Re: How to create a Invoice Number

Post by productospastello »

Hi, I understand that you can modify manually the number, How can I do it, could you tell me step by step.... I have tried with many orders and now I need to star with number 1. Thanks a lot