Is it possible to work this way?

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
rienlandman

Is it possible to work this way?

Post by rienlandman »

Dear Support,

My name is Rinus and Im a dutchman with 2 restaurants. I downloaded your testversion and tested it. It looks very promising. I learned a lot about your program and it works perfectly with my Bixolon ticketprinters and my cashdrawers. I did a lot of tests and it works finem excepot 1 thing I can not solve yet.

I will explain you the way I want to work in my restaurants and I hope you can tell me if this is possible and how I can do it.

I have a bar restaurant with a terrace and also tables inside. I work with like 3 waiters and 2 people behind the bar. How I want to work is that every waiter and bartender has his own loginname and password. This means that for every order a waiter makes he has to login with his own password. If after that another waiter comes he has to do the same on his account and so on..

What I noticed is that when I make a testday on 1 account this goes without any problems, but when I make orders every time with a different account with his own password and username I get problems. I cant close the day or recounsile or I miss a lot of orders in my administration.

Is it possible to work the way I want to work? Does it have something to do with the "Clock In" and "Clock Out" function? And is it nescesary to Clock in and out every time or can I also ignore this function?

I hope you can explain me if and how it is possible the way I want to work.

Another question is:
When I buy a license do I have thew right to update when a newer version is available?

My overall experience with your software is positive. I hope this software is made to work the way I want to work.

Sincerely,

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to work this way?

Post by Abacre »

rienlandman wrote: What I noticed is that when I make a testday on 1 account this goes without any problems, but when I make orders every time with a different account with his own password and username I get problems. I cant close the day or reconcile or I miss a lot of orders in my administration.

Is it possible to work the way I want to work? Does it have something to do with the "Clock In" and "Clock Out" function? And is it nescesary to Clock in and out every time or can I also ignore this function?
First of all you can completely ignore Clock In/Out function.
In January we added the new feature: payments into in-house accounts. This feature changed a little bit our reconcile cash drawer/end of day process.
So the short answer is yes. You can do it with ARPOS.
In details:
ARPOS supports now two modes of reconciliation. It depends on what do you consider as a cash drawer to reconcile: physical cash drawer connected to workstation
or waitress change apron?
Go to menu configuration - Preferences - Shifts
and verify value of Cash Till Location parameter.
So is your reconciliation is based on physical cash drawer it means that any worker (with corresponding security privileges) can login into one computer and reconcile this computer.
The same should be done for other computers.

If your model of reconciliation is based on worker's own change aprons in this case any worker can login into any computer and reconcile his own change apron by calling Reconcile Cash Drawer command.

Finally when all cash drawers/change aprons are reconciled any worker can call End of Day procedure to close a day for whole restaurant.

In case of any problems go to folder
\My Documents\\Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale 4\
put it into zip archive and send it to support@abacre.com
rienlandman wrote: When I buy a license do I have thew right to update when a newer version is available?
We follow to the classical software licensing model: all minor updates are free. For example, from version 4.5 into version 4.6.
But all major upgrades are paid, for example, from v4.x into v5.x.
You are not obliged to purchase the paid upgrade. You can use purchased version as long as you wish. Then purchase the upgrade any time you wish. The price for the upgrade is 50% of first time price. We release major upgrades about once a year. And we frequently release minor updates (sometimes several times a month).
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

rienlandman

Re: Is it possible to work this way?

Post by rienlandman »

Thnaks you so much for your quick answer, admin.

I think I understand it now. In both restaurants I want to work with just 1 computer and 1 cashdrawer in both and want everybody to login and out during the whole day. At the end of the day I want to reconsile and close the day.

Tomorrow when im in 1 of my restaurants I will try what you said. I think I understand it perfectly although English is not my first language. If I have any problems will post it again or send the database file.

Thanks again!