conflict with yahoo messenger?

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
dudung

conflict with yahoo messenger?

Post by dudung »

is there a conflict when running pos and yahoo messenger on the same computer?

after days of trying to trying figure out why i keep loosing connectivity with the database server i figured out what was causing connectivity problems.

correct me if my analysis is wrong but the only time both computers can communicate with each other is when yahoo messenger is not running.

i have done testing several times just to convince myself that this is what's causing the problem and i am 100% sure that it is.

simply turning off yahoo messenger restores connectivity. no problems whatsoever.

could you please look into this roman.

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: conflict with yahoo messenger?

Post by Abacre »

ARPOS does not have any relationships with Yahoo Messenger. I think it's something different and it's related to only your computers.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

dudung

Re: conflict with yahoo messenger?

Post by dudung »

thanks for the reply roman.

if that is the case then why is it that pos only works when yahoo messenger is not running?

only yahoo messenger and pos (v3.4) are installed in the computer using winxp sp3. i can use pos the whole day without problems but once yahoo messenger starts, problems occur.

browsing using internet explorer by the way does not give me any problems. my case maybe unique but could you possibly look into it?