Category Group Gone

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
FriendOfMine

Category Group Gone

Post by FriendOfMine »

One of the staff was using the touch screen and inadvertently moved the item group to where it covered up the category group (the cursor changed from an arrow to 2 parallel lines and an up/down arrow, they dragged it up over the category section). Instead of just selecting it again and dragging it back down, they got out of the software thinking that would fix it. NOPE. When we go back into the software, it will not allow us to move the items section down to show the category section (I did some testing and you can do this as long as you do not exit the software). How do I get the category section back? We are down to only 1 workstation until this gets fixed so it is a major issue for us.

Thanks

Jeff

Abacre
Site Admin

Re: Category Group Gone

Post by Abacre »

If it's possible send to support@abacre.com your database file and screenshots of what you see.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

It is possible to send a screenshot and a copy of the database but it is also a waste of time. All you need to do is to move the item window up to the point it covers the category window and then exit the software. When you come back into it, you will not be able to see the category window and you will not be able to move thet item window. I can send it to you with the 30 day trial database if you would like.

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

To solve this issue, I replaced the files in the abacre folder (found in my documents & program files) from a backup copy I had. I am amazed no one else has had this issue though. It is easy to do using touch screens.