Customer Name in Orders

General discussions about Abacre Restaurant Point of Sale
guameca

Customer Name in Orders

Post by guameca »

Hi Roman this is my situation my client need to install two workstations in network workgroup first station is for take orders and the second station is for delivery orders and take payments i need to indentify each order with the name of customer and i can be edit or add new items to this invoice. Where i can write the name in this invoice.

FriendOfMine

Re: Customer Name in Orders

Post by FriendOfMine »

I would suggest using the Chit Number field (show it by selecting Preferences, Orders, Show Chit Number). That is how we are doing it. The customer name will also appear on the Orders screen.

Jeff

guameca

Post by guameca »

Yes i done with write the customer name on the chit number field but when print the notification the customer name not appear in the printer sheet tikect.

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

Did you add <chitno> to the printer data?

guameca

Post by guameca »

Ok tell how do i add <chitname> to the printer data please tell me step by step. Thank you

Abacre
Site Admin

Post by Abacre »

In order to add it to bill printer go to menu Configuration - Bill Configuration - Template
and add it into appropriate place.

In order to add it to one of notification printers go to menu Configuration - Notification Printers.
Click on a notification printer.
Click on Options button.
Go to Template tab.
Kind regards,
Abacre Limited
http://www.abacre.com
support@abacre.com

FriendOfMine

Post by FriendOfMine »

The issue I have with using the Chit Numbers is that the field is not populated in the database when you add data to it. If you add data to the ChitNo field and then press print notifications, it will not print. If you add the data, click on the orders button, it will save the data to the field and you can then go back into the order and print the notifications. It should be a simple fix but it is becoming a major issue for us since it takes so long to do for every order. I sent support an e-mail 2 weeks ago regarding this but I have yet to receive a reply even after sending multiple e-mails.

dmbdelta

Post by dmbdelta »

If it is a new name every time chitno is the best option. We have a select group of VIP clients that have special pricing, and we put their name on the receipt by selecting the detail button, and then select client for order from the data base.

dmbdelta

Post by dmbdelta »

Roman this is the same issue that I addressed in printing chitno on a new order without retrieving the order from the order table.