AFR not working

General discussions about Advanced Find and Replace
zazoos

AFR not working

Post by zazoos »

I am a long time AFR user. I have been using AFR 6.2 on my Desktop and recently purchased a new desktop. So I purchased the new AFR 7.6.

The new AFR will not replace in Word or Excel. I have uninstalled AFR, reinstalled, restarted, downloaded from the main site and the mirror site. It works perfect on .txt and html files, but cannot get it to replace on Word or Excel.

When I ask it to Find it will only work on txt, html, and doc. files, but it will not find on docx files.

I checked my settings between the new computer and the old computer. Both have Windows 7 with Office 2010. All MS Word options match excactly, the AFR options are also set the same. I have even removed 7.6 from the new Desktop and installed 6.2, but the problem remains unchanged.

One other issue I noticed was when I go to AFR options and turn off the Preview it will no longer Find the doc files. Even if I turn the preview back on it will no longer find the doc files. I have to re-install just to get it to find the doc. files after messing with the preview option.

Thank you in advance for any help.

zazoos

Re: AFR not working

Post by zazoos »

Anybody?

zazoos

Post by zazoos »

Updated Information

Background info:
My new computer was purchased from a local business that specialize in computer and computer repair. I went their because I wanted a couple of specific items. (Lightscribe Drive, I5 processor, and Dual monitors)

After the AFR issues, I was so frustrated I returned the computer yesterday. Upon doing so, the manager offered to run some bench tests on the computer and extend my return window by another 15 days. I agreed. He found the that it had the 32 bit version of Windows 7 installed. He installed Windows 7 64 bit, replaced the processor, hard drive and video card. All upgraded.

I brought the computer home, installed Microsoft Office 2010 full version and AFR 7.6, but no luck. AFR still cannot replace in doc, docx or excel files.

So to double check my new computer against another new computer. I went to best buy today and purchased a new HP running AMD Quad 6 core, Windows 7. I installed Microsoft office 2010 full version and AFR 7.6. Exact same problem as the other new computer. AFR does not replace in doc, docx or excel files.

I have an older Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7 (non updated version) and Microsoft office 2010 and AFR 6.2 and it works fine. I suspect that something in the newer version of Windows 7 is the problem.

Obviously I will use my older computer to handle my AFR needs, but I hope Roman finds a solution. I figure before long as other clients upgrade computers or Windows 7 they will also have the same issue.

zazoos

Post by zazoos »

One more update:

I upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. This did not fix the problem.

However, I did install Windows Virtual Machine with Windows XP. In the XP environment I installed Word 2007 and AFR 7.6. AFR and 7.6 in XP virtual machine work perfect. This is a bit of a long ways to got to get it to work, but it does work.